NZAC Auckland Section Gear for Hire
The following equipment is available only to NZ Alpine Club members:
- Crampons – flexible, suitable for stiff leather boots or plastics (NOT suitable for soft boots)
- Ice axes – very light, straight axe
- Helmets – light & comfortable, one size fits all, different colours!
- Avalanche transceivers – Rented without batteries (only use ‘high quality Duracell or Energizer batteries)
- Shovel and Probe part of the essential avo kit.
Contact our gear officer on firstname.lastname@example.org to see what equipment is available and to confirm pick-up and drop-off times.
For large groups, please make one collection and drop off.
Charges are $10 each item over the weekend or $20 for any 7-day period. A bond of $50 per item is requested on pick-up (please have cash ready). Bond will be refunded when item is returned in good and clean condition.
- Pick-up is after 8pm on Thursday night.
- Gear must be returned between 8:30pm and 9:30pm on Tuesday night, or by arrangement.
Otherwise $10/day extra charges apply for each item.